Andrew G. Prout is an experienced trial lawyer and litigator. He serves as a Managing Partner of Ross, Wolcott, Teinert & Prout LLP.
Andrew’s experience ranges from first-chairing trials and arbitrations, to executing litigation strategy across complex civil matters, and counseling clients on business transactions and dispute resolution.
Andrew’s passion for his clients shines through his courtroom advocacy and his creative, outside-the-box approach to problem solving.
Before joining the Firm, Andrew was a senior trial and litigation attorney at Theodora Oringher PC, a litigation and trial attorney at Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP, and a law clerk for Judge Timothy M. Tymkovich of the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit.
- First-chaired two-week private arbitration in contract dispute regarding a $38 million claim arising from a supply agreement with a public company. Final award expected later this year.
- First-chaired one-week trial in declaratory relief action regarding a cryptocurrency payment platform, usury laws, and contract formation and interpretation issues. Verdict expected later this year.
- First-chaired one-week trial in contract dispute regarding a $20 million home, resulting in favorable verdict for client.
- First-chaired punitive damages trial, resulting in favorable verdict for clients.
- Second-chaired trial in trade secrets and fiduciary duty dispute, taking numerous percipient and expert witnesses on cross and direct examination, resulting in favorable verdict for clients.
- Second-chaired trial in $10 million dispute against insurance company, taking numerous expert witnesses on cross and direct examination.
- First-chaired trial team for defendant materials supplier in breach of contract action, resulting in favorable settlement at mediation.
- Second-chaired trial team for plaintiff County of Orange in fraud case, resulting in $26 million settlement on eve of trial.
- Second-chaired trial team for defendant manufacturing plant in wage-and-hour class action, resulting in confidential settlement before trial.
- Second-chaired trial team for defendant dental implant company in wrongful termination suit brought by former executive, resulting in confidential settlement before trial.
- Second-chaired trial team for defendant hospital in catastrophic personal injury case, resulting in favorable settlement on eve of trial.
- Second-chaired trial team for defendant in alleged abuse case, resulting in complete exoneration for wrongfully accused defendant.
- Stanford Law School (J.D. 2012)
- Senior Articles Editor, Stanford Law Review
- Gerald Gunther Class Prizes
- Champion, Kirkwood Moot Court
- President, Mock Trial Team
- University of California, Berkeley (B.A. 2008)
- summa cum laude
- President, Mock Trial Team
- Southern California Super Lawyers (Rising Star 2018-2021)
- Clerkship: Judge Timothy M. Tymkovich, U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit, 2012-2013
- Central District of California
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals